Dana Bantuan Pembangunan Francais (DBPF) is an incentive to encourage local entrepreneurs to convert their conventional business to franchise business. Through this funds, businesses that are successfully registered with Registrar of Franchise, KPDNKK as franchise business is eligible to apply for a grant in the form of repayment on the cost to develop a franchise system with a maximum limit of RM 100,000.00
Conditions of Approval
- Must apply using BPF3 form
- DBPF claim should not exceed 2 years from the date of franchise licences
- The company must participate in franchise development programme
- The assistance is only for business format franchise
- The company has appointed at least five (5) Bumiputera franchisees
- Each company is only eligible to receive assistance for one product only and if the company get another assistance for different product, they should develop it under a different company.
Eligibility of a Claim
|Company Status / The categories of claims||
|The development of franchise package/ The launch of the franchise|
|Phase 1 : Screening||
|Phase 2 : Concept research|
|Phase 3 : Research of prototype outlet concept|
|Phase 4 : Preparation of franchise package|
|Phase 5 : The launch of the franchise|
|The creation of franchisees||
|Maximum = RM 40,000* (Refer notes)|
- For the category of the creation of franchisees, each franchisor who are applying for DBPF they should appoint at least 5 Bumiputera franchisees.
- Franchisor must appoint more than 5 Bumiputeras franchisees to claiming the remaining 40% of the total which is RM 10,000 for each one of Bumiputera franchisees who are appointed subject to the requirement.
|No||Matter||The Maximum Qualifications (RM)|
|1||Interior Design Fees (Prototype Outlet)||5,000|
|2||Legal Fees (Disclosure Document & Franchise Agreements)||5,000|